Good morning, my darlings!
Did you know that the 2014 Emmy awards are tonight? I don’t care an overwhelming amount about who wins what…but I do care what they wear while doing it. Especially when it comes to the most sparkling of accessories.
The twitteratti of the jewelry world (blingeratti?) always have a good time commenting on celebs’ red carpet jewelry choices, and tonight is bound to be no exception. I thought I’d take the fun one step further by doing something I’d joked about doing in the past, but never before brought to fruition.
Without further ado, I present Diamonds in the Library’s Awards Show Drinking Game: 2014 Emmy jewelry edition. If you’re watching too, join in or follow along at #EmmyJewelry!
** Please admire jewelry responsibly by participating with non-alcoholic beverages when prudent or preferred. Never admire jewelry while driving.***
Take a sip if you see the following Emmy jewelry:
- Ear climbers, mismatched earrings, or a single earring-look.
- An absence of earrings (or annoyingly small earrings) when earrings are clearly necessary.
- A necklace of unusual length.
- An edgy use of pearls.
- A backlace.
- Well-deployed manbling (I’m hoping for some lapel brooches, maybe some pinky rings?).
- A Ring Pop-sized cocktail ring.
- A celebrity wearing a whoooole lot of rings (yay!).
Take three sips if:
- A celebrity can’t remember who made their jewelry (booooo).
- A celebrity is wearing a piece from a line they designed themselves.
- You see a brooch deployed in an unexpected way.
- We see hair bling.
- A celebrity who talks about how much their jewelry is worth.
- We see a major statement necklace that is not primarily composed of diamonds.
- We see face jewelry.
- There is a genuinely surprising piece or styling choice (this one is a judgement call).
- Adornmentality says something so hilariously scathing and spot on that you spit out some of your drink.
Finish your glass if:
- A celebrity loses a piece of jewelry on the red carpet (lookin’ at you, J.Law).
- A celebrity flips the bird in the mani cam.
- Sofia Vergara fails to bring the bling.
- A celebrity wears an actual tiara or crown.
- More than three jewelry bloggers tweet the same thing at the same time.
See you on twitter tonight for the 2014 Emmys, jewelry-lovers!
PS: My disclaimer at the top was joke-ey, so here’s a serious one: please drink responsibly if you choose to drink, darlings.
Have you entered my giveaway yet?? You could win an Art Nouveau pearl and diamond pendant! Click here for details.
Anya @GemFever says
This is awesome. I may have to actually watch this time so I can play!